I am troubled by society and the handling of abusive parents. A beautiful little girl, Emani Moss (10) was starved and burned at the hands of her father and stepmother in Georgia. What happened to the nosey neighbor that reported everything? Where is our compassion for others; especially, defenseless children? We MUST take a stand and stop the violence against children at the hands of their own relatives and even strangers.
Children are defenseless! If we do not help them, then shame on us!!! Her stepmother and father were ordered to attend parenting class . Once they completed the course, Emani was returned to them. Her grandmother fought to keep her but was denied. This little girl will never attend her prom, get married, have children and a career. She was robbed of having a loving home with parents who nutured, loved and protected her. Her life meant nothing to the people who starved, burned and threw her in the trash can like a discarded object.
If you suspect abuse, report it! Call the police; contact the media. Do not stand by and watch a defenseless child have the life literally sucked out of them. There are many others who are abused and no one wants to get involved; thus, it is not reported until it is too late. People care more about their animals than they do a helpless human being. The court system gives harsher punishment in an animal cruelty case because if the child does not have visible signs (bruising, scars, broken limbs) they find it difficult to prosecute the perpetrator . Laws need to be changed so that senseless killing of children can cease.
Rest in peace sweet baby girl, Emani Moss.
- Ga. girl found in trash bin had tried to run away (whas11.com)
- 10 Year Old Girl Starved to Death by Parents, Found Burned in Trash Bin (endtimebibleprophecy.wordpress.com)
- Cops: Ga. 10-year-old found in trash was starved, abused (cbsnews.com)
- Ga. Girl Found in Trash Bin Had Tried to Run Away (abcnews.go.com)
- Police: Gwinnett County girl, 10, weighed 32 pounds at death (onlineathens.com)
- Gwinnett County girl found in trash bin had tried to run away (onlineathens.com)
- Couple Starved 10-Year-Old Daughter Until She Weighed 32 Pounds Then Threw Her Burnt Corpse In The Trash (bossip.com)
- Cops: Georgia 10-Year-Old Found In Trash Was Starved, Abused (wibw.com)
- Domestic Violence & Children (stopabuseagainsthmongwomen.wordpress.com)
- Ga. girl found in trash bin had tried to run away (thegrio.com)