Ladies, I want you to understand what you are doing to yourself for the sake of being with a male. You have to know you are worth more than you are accepting. That old adage,” It’s better to have a piece of a man than no man at all” is the biggest lie that has EVER been told. You should want the best for yourself!!! You deserve to be treated with kindness and respect instead of someone cursing, beating you, taking your money and stripping you of your self-esteem. You MUST change the way you view yourself. “You are worth more than rubies!” No matter what you have been told in life, you are worth being loved. You are God’s child and don’t you forget that! Love doesn’t hurt!!! RSWY wants you to know that you are NOT alone!!!
To those of you who have parents who are still living: do all you can because tomorrow is not promised. They have raised and nurtured you so make the time to check on them, run errands and take them places.
I am blessed beyond measure to still have my parents who are still married, alive and well. My mother is 75 and my father is 88. I am grateful for everything they have taught me, their unconditional love and guidance. Last week, I was able to go home. My dad and I had long talks about life and my mom and I had mother/daughter time. Also, I spent time with my children and grandchildren; they are my heart and soul. I cried when I left. Father, thank you for giving my parents longevity and keeping my children and grandchildren.
I know tomorrow a lot of children and adults are going to have mixed emotions about Father’s Day. If your dad is deceased, non-existent or you had a bad relationship, I ask that tomorrow you thank the non-biological men(surrogate fathers) for standing in the gap. To those of you who did not particpiate in your children’s lives, it’s never too late to ask for forgiveness and start building a relationship. If your children reject you, NO MORE EXCUSES, keep trying to reach out to them until the day you die. Understand they are hurt, disappointed, rejected and angry. However, forgiveness can take place when they are ready. Stop the vicious cycle, please!!!!
From the heart,
I am the newest host along with Shawn Hill, Patrick Bishop and Keisha Stoute.
- YOU are your most important asset! That means you don’t need any liabilities entering your life. Don’t allow anyone to drag you down!!! Remember that!!!
- Holding on to a dead-in relationship is suicide. When it’s over, cut your losses and move on. Don’t continue to subject yourself to pain, heartache and misery. All you have to do is pack your things, load up the U-Haul, grab your purse and move to your new place where there is peace and take hold of your life. Don’t look back!!! Lot’s wife (Bible) looked back, and she became a pillar of salt. Your future is ahead of you not behind you!
- Have you ever known people who are always negative? They are never happy about anything. They complain, complain, complain!!! You want to run when you see them coming! Think before you speak because it could work against you. The tongue can speak life or death. In other words, what we put out is what we get back. Never doubt the power you have inside of you. Speak positive things over yourself. Change your way of thinking and watch your life change for the better!
Young ladies (Real Talk)- You should have a career. There are too many opportunities for you to be successful. You can attend college online, go to trade school, get a job or start your own business. I had my son when I was 18 and my daughter at 21 but I promised myself that I would have a degree no matter what!!!! So, I obtained my first degree when I was 33 and my second one at 35. I never wanted to struggle or be poor. It is a mindset. I’ve been on public assistance and it was humiliating because they treat you like dirt and talk to you as if you are illiterate. Who wants to live like that? I told my caseworker that I am not here by choice but circumstances :my husband left me and I demand respect. After I graduated and got my first teaching position, I happily wrote them a letter stating that I no longer needed assistance. Take pride in who you are and better your situation. There is more to life than having babies!!! When you have them sweetheart, you have to take care of them. So, get off the sofa, go online and find a job, get your babies in subsidized day care, and feel good about yourself!!!
Bring the spice back in your relationship! We can’t get complacant and think because we snagged the man that our work in done. NO, candle light dinners, long walks, looking into his eyes and “dessert” are things that make your relationship lasts. Do some of the things that he enjoys sometimes. Buy a sexy outfit, have a weekend get-a-way-nice hotel, go to the mountains, a sporting event, or “bless” your spare bedroom are some great ideas for making “Daddy” smile!!!!
Single ladies-when you want to be in a relationship make sure you don’t settle. Take inventory of what you want and also the KNOW the deal breakers in a mate. Compatability is very important. Check his credit score, see if he is gainfully employed, has a relationship with God, nurturing, loving, do you want a man with/without children etc. More importantly, you need to be free of any past hurts or drama before you enter a relationship. Spend time working on you! You are your most valuable asset!!!
- Re-Evaluation Time (relationshipsstartwithyou.com)
- All My Single Ladies (bekkysworld.wordpress.com)
- I’m Single & Fine With It (mariellahunt.com)
- 20 Things Single People Shouldn’t Have To Justify To Anyone (thoughtcatalog.com)