As we celebrate Juneteenth today (148 years ago), what strides have you made to improve yourself, community, family and build a lasting heritage to leave to your children? We are people of color with a rich history. Are we living up to the standards that our martyrs have set, preached and lost their lives to allow us to have inalienable rights like everyone else. This question is for me, too! We need to be more community oriented, stress to our children the importance of education and respect, take our streets back, stop killing one another, demand drugs be removed out of our neighborhoods and away from our sons and daughters. We have a responsibility and we all know there is strength in numbers. Mentor a child. Help your sister and brother who are in need. It is our duty as a people to do so!!!
Last week (Wednesday-Saturday) my baby sister Tammy Tennard who lives in Dallas,Texas came to Georgia to visit and check on me.
People have always said that Tammy and I should’ve been twins because we finish each other’s sentences. We have the same sense of humor and she knows when I need her most (without saying a word). I am always reminded of January 2011 when I was gravely ill. She told her job she had to go and see about me. They had taken me out of the medically induced coma and she called me Sughar. I thought I was dreaming but she was right there with her older sister fighting. The love I felt for her was indescribable. I can NEVER thank Tammy enough for always dropping everything and putting her job on the line to make sure I am okay.
I am blessed to have a sister like Tammy! She lifted my spirits as usual; I laughed the entire time!
Sughar loves TamTam to infinity and back!!!
I was nomiated by Yahobahne for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blogs for they are dedicated to my sisters in need.
There are some rules for this award – which remind me that we are paying it forward in our acknowledgement of those who inspire us. Here are the rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.
2. Link Back: Yahobahne- http://www.his4glorydotcom.wordpress.com/ “Desings-she is a young woman who inspires others through her inspirational words, thought provoking views and enjoys designing.
3. I am a child of God! 2) I am a survivor! 3) Family means everything to me! 4) I love to write, inspire and meet people! 5) I love to sing! 6) I am a former educator who taught in Texas and Georgia 7) I love to dance!
Nominees for Very Inspiring Blogger Award
1. Use God’s Strength to Heal Your Broken Pieces (inspirationalchristiansfortoday.com)
2. Maturing Faith, Goodness of God, and Tribulation (heartpathjournal.net)
3. In The Secret Place (awomaninherownright.wordpress.com)
4. DV (domestic violence) hurts. (vidablogg.wordpress.com)
5. Single not desperate (mzsistagrl.wordpress.com)
6. The Truth About Baggage (kamariaskiss.com)
7. Hug your kids (momparadigm.com)
8. You can be whatever you what to be(http://www.khanmudasser.wordpress.com)
9. A difficult story to tell….(misslisted.com)
10. Easy relief from sinus infections…..(recoveryhealth.me)
11. The Prayer of Committal…You Will Never Worry Again!.(simplyjuliana.com)
12.Speak What You Believe 3 (faith1stministries.com)
13.Who Will You Choose to be Your Healer? (ronniedauber.wordpress.com)
15. Find the Good in Goodbye. (411onlove.wordpress.com)
Relationships Start With You is having an awesome workshop in Houston, Texas in January 2013. We are very excited! Women, we have a great message just for you. There will be activities, testimonials and group support!!!
More details later…